We're so excited you're here!
We believe that baptism is an important step of obedience for every person who has accepted Christ as his or her Savior. So we count it as privilege to walk with you as you take this next step on your spiritual journey!
What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward expression of an inward commitment to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. This is your opportunity to show others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Why get Baptized Anyway?
- Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God.
- We baptize by immersion at Lost Mountain because we believe Scripture teaches this to be the method by which believers demonstrate their new life in Christ.
- Baptism symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- You accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- You shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life).
- You were washed clean, and your sins forgiven by His death on the cross!
If you would like to be baptized, fill out this interest form and we will follow up with you!