Helping people to have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ

Celebrate Recovery

Categories: Staff Blog

Celebrate Recovery. What comes to mind when you hear those words? Most people immediately think of alcoholism or drug addiction and all of the hurt and destruction that goes along with those habits. What comes to my mind when I hear the words Celebrate Recovery is MIRACLE. I see miracles of God every week as I observe the lives of the wonderful people God has placed in my life through the ministry of Celebrate Recovery. If you think that Celebrate Recovery is just for people with problems with addiction, let me share the statistics with you. Nationally, the statistics show that only 40% of the people involved in Celebrate Recovery are there for issues of addiction. The other 60% are there for hurts, habits, or hang-ups that are issues other than addiction. Celebrate Recovery helps people first and foremost to put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ to help them work through whatever issues of life they are dealing with. Here is a partial list of issues that many people are dealing with:

Abandonment, Abuse –(all types), Adult Children of Dysfunctional Parents, Adultery, Alcohol/Chemical Dependency, Anger, Anxiety, Codependency, Controlling Personalities, Depression, Divorce, Drug Dependency, Eating Disorders, Fear, Food Addiction, Gambling, Gossip, Grief, Guilt, Insecurity, Loss of Relationship, Nicotine Dependency, Obsessive Compulsive Behavior, Over spending, People Pleasing, Perfectionism, Pornography, Pride, Rage, Rejection, Relationship Addiction, Same Sex Attraction, Sadness, Self-centeredness, Sexual Addiction, Shame, Workholism, Etc, etc.

No matter what life issues someone may be dealing with, Celebrate Recovery is there to support and help people find victory over their hurts, habits and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is a Christ Centered, Biblically based recovery program which uses 8 principles from the Beatitudes and 12 steps of recovery to help people find Jesus Christ or strengthen their relationship with Jesus and find healing. People feel safe sharing their hurts, habits and hang-ups with others because they know they are in a safe place. They experience nothing but love, understanding and acceptance from the moment they come through the doors. No one judges and everyone supports and loves.

If you have issues of life that you can’t handle on your own, come on and try Celebrate Recovery. I promise you will love it and the people. Maybe you are just looking for a place to serve the Lord. We have plenty of opportunities for service. We could use help with child care, food, clean up, and other areas.

Celebrate Recovery meets every Tuesday here at Lost Mountain.

6:00-7:00 pm Food & Fellowship, 7:00-8:00 pm Worship (Large Group)

8:00-9:00 pm Open share groups (Small Groups) Small groups are

gender specific and there are men’s & women’s groups for “life issues”

and “addictions”.


Men meet with men and women meet with women, there are no co-ed groups.

Please feel free to contact me if you need more information.


Steve Wright

2 Responses to "Celebrate Recovery"

  1. Kelly
    Kelly Posted on 03/01/2018 at 10:25 am

    I would like to know if Lost Mountain Baptist Church still hosted the Celebrate Recovery Program? Please let me know, if so, what days and times are your services?

    Thank You in advance for your help!

  2. Lost Mountain Students
    Lost Mountain Students Posted on 05/16/2018 at 4:37 pm

    No Kelly we do not host Celebrate Recovery here anymore. Thanks and God bless!

Leave a Reply